Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Resolving Service builder issues in Liferay

Recently I ran into some issues when trying to use Liferay service builder utility. Although I was working with Liferay CE 6.2 this post should be helpful for any Liferay version.

For the first time when I ran service builder it worked fine and generated the tables. But then I changed the namespace entry in service.xml file. This change did not update the database table. So I deleted the table and tried to run service builder again and redeploy the portlet. But this resulted in errors during portlet deployment.

After looking on the internet I finally got this resolved and finally the table got recreated. Here is the solution I followed and also the links I referred to.

1. Use ant clean and then build service again. Try redeploying.

Refer to http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/15873181

2. Delete entries from servicecomponent table. Restart the server.

Refer to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1187258/sql-table-not-created-when-deploying-a-war-file-to-liferay

No comments:

Post a Comment